Strict rules will be followed in accordance to the USA TABLE TENNIS Regulations. For further information please visit http://www.usatt.org/rules/index.shtm
- The ball must rest on an open hand palm.
- Then it must be tossed up at least 6 inches and struck so the ball first bounces on the server's side and then the opponent's side.
- If the serve is legal except that it touches the net, it is called a let serve. Let serves are not scored and are reserved.
- When playing a singles game, you can serve from any position to any position. In doubles game, you serve from the right side of the court to your opponent's right side of the court.
- If during a volley serve (the ball hits it prior to its bounce) over the table surface the player looses a point.
- A match is played best of 2 out of 3.
- The first player to reach 11 points wins that game, however a game must be won by at least a two point margin.
- A point is scored after each ball is put into play.
- The edges of the table are part of the legal table surface, but not the sides.
Flow of the Match
- Each player serves two points in a row and then switch server. However, if a score of 10-10 is reached in any game, then each server serves only one point and then the server is switched.
- After each game, the players switch side of the table. In the final game the players switch side again after either player reaches 5 points.
- Playing clothes should consist of a short-sleeved shirt and shorts or skirt, socks and playing shoes, other garments, such as jeans shouldn’t be worn during the game.
* Management decision is the final decision & has the right to make changes if needed